Monday, October 20, 2008

10-20 IMD I and II - Outch!







I ran in the Columbus 1/2 marathon on Sunday. The race went very well and I met my goal of completing the race under 2 1/2 hours.

A minor injury is going to keep me home today, but I'll be back tomorrow. You assignments are below, make sure you post today's work to your blog so I can see the progress you made.

IMD I

Last chance to complete Dr. Scott. Complete the tracing and create symbols for the left arm, body, and right hand. I will be taking the final tracing grade from the work you post today. If you've completed the tracing create a tropical background that we'll use behind Dr. Scott and the Witch Doctor.

IMD II

Continue with interactive resume. I want to see completed art for the current menu by mid week - it's time to kick it in. I'm expecting to see lots of NEW work on you post today.


3rd Hour IMD I and II

TCP, IP, DNS, Streaming Media. It's all geek speak that we should know. Read the article and watch the video to learn more about these terms and how they work.

Have your answers ready for tommorow - we will have a discussion in class tommorow(and a pop quiz... :-)

Visit http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question549.htm#

and watch the video and read the article to answer the questions below:

What is an octet?

How many unique values can be contained in one octet?

List two restricted IP addresses

What is the loopback address and what is it used for?

What are the 6 classes of IP address and what are they used for?

What does TCP IP stand for?

What does TCP do?

What does IP do?

Why do we break information down into packets?

What makes a valid IP address?

What is DNS?

How big is a packet?

What is the shipping address for a packet called?

What information is included in this address?

How is streaming video unique?



Have a great day!!
MR.F


att link

No comments: