Monday, September 14, 2009

IMD II - Lets talk about contrast.

Contrast is one the principles of design. Contrast occurs when two elements are different. The greater the difference the greater the contrast. The key to working with contrast is to make sure the differences are obvious. Four common methods of creating contrast are by using differences in size, value, color, and type.

We will be talking about the element of color and how it can be used to add contrast. I'll want you to place an emphasis on this value when designing texture for your chess set.

Look at the following images and discuss the role of color and contrast.





2 comments:

oloidifemi said...

hi man, woah! i really love your works. are u an artist? well my name is Femi, i am an artist, doing my masters now.well u could check out my own works and make ur comments.well, keep it up man and God bless.

oloidifemi said...

hi man, woah! i really love your works. are u an artist? well my name is Femi, i am an artist, doing my masters now.well u could check out my own works and make ur comments.well, keep it up man and God bless.