Tuesday, March 3, 2009

3-3 IMD II

1. Write text for your summary page in your interactive resume.

Everyone Asks - What is the summary, I forget what it is?

The summary is a personal statement that describes why you are passionate about what you want to do (job, college, etc) For some this will be very specific "I've always wanted to be a ....."

For some this is very abstract, your not sure what you want to do. NO PROBLEM - In this case "what you want to do" might be as broad as helping people, or finding a career where you can be creative. Draw from experiences in your life and the events that have had an impact on you. Don't disclose too much personal information, instead of saying:

" It was right after the officer clicked the cuffs on my wrists that I knew I wanted a career in...."

you might try a more subtle approach

"I had just gone through a very tough time in my life when I knew I wanted a career in..."

Employers are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about working, convince them that you have that passion. The document should be no shorter than 125 words (1/2 page) Compose in WORD and save your work to your folder, we'll need to edit and revise in the future. POST a copy to your blog so I can see what you're doing.

2. You'll have the remainder of the time to work on your interactive resume, make a separate POST to share this work as well.

No comments: